Saturday, December 22, 2012

CarMD

If you have a member of your family or a friend who loves cars I have a perfect gift for them. Also this would be a great item to have for your car. Have you ever wondered what is wrong with your car? Usually with my luck when the check engine light come on I have to take my care to get checked at my mechanic. It seems like every trip to the mechanic it put a dent in my checking account. I am very lucky I came across the site CarMD. I was never aware of this product or even that it was available to the average person. This gadget can save you a trip to the mechanic and tell you what is wrong with your car. This potentially can save you money. The CarMD is the same technology that majority of the mechanics use. The CarMD diagnoses the health of vehicles 1996 and newer including cars, light trucks, SUVS and minivans. 

I know that you are curious now and wondering what the CarMD can do. This gadget can tell you why your check engine light is on. Also can give you the cost estimate of how much you will need to spend on repairs. This can catch hidden engine problems, see if your vehicle will pass emissions, give your car a check up before going on trips. Another great use for this gadget is if your planning on buying a use car you can have this handy. To make sure that there are no hidden problems that the owner is not telling you. I also like to get a estimate from my mechanic and then see if what they are telling me is the truth or not.

I was able to review a CarMD Tester and software kit. This kit contains a handheld tester, a reference user guide, CD, USB cable and 2AAA batteries. When I got this to review I went crazy trying to detect my car. This device was very easy to use which was nice. I do not have automotive experience and I was able to understand what this gadget was telling me. How you test your vehicle is you need to plug it in the diagnostic outlet of your vehicle. Then you turn the key to the on position so the CarMd can read your vehicles computer to see if there any problems with your car. When you hear the CarMd beep four times and one of the LED lights come on. If the green comes on that means everything is great, Yellow mean that there could be a problems and if it is red means that service is needed. How neat is that? This gadget can hold up to four codes to let you know if there something wrong with your vehicle. If a yellow or red light appears. What you need to do is connect the CarMD to your computer. You will need to use the USB cable and connect it to your computer to gain access. Then you can find out what is wrong with your vehicle and give you a detail report. I also like how they tell you how they can fix it and how much the potential cost of the problem is. When I tried this on my vehicle I was very happy and it had a green light. If you are planning on going on a long trip this would be great to have to make sure that there are no problems with your vehicle. This would make a wonderful Christmas gift for any loved one. This would be a great gift for a new driver!! This come with a carrying case and is small enough to be able to bring anywhere. To find more information on CarMD you can find it on their site at http://www.carmd.com/
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holiday Gift Guide

When it comes to my daughter it can be tough to find the right gift for her for the upcoming holidays. Recently I was connected with a compa...