Saturday, May 30, 2015

The Last Unicorn

Disclosure: I received one or more products or monetary composition for the exchange for my honest opinion. I only recommend product that I would use personally or believe would be a good fit with my readers. All opinions are 100 percent my own and may differ from yours. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides concerning the use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.


On June 9th, 2015 I am excited to share with you that you can bring home The Enchanting tale of The Last Unicorn from Shout! Factory. When I learned about this tale I was excited to share it with my son. I honestly never heard about this movie before. 

The Last Unicorn Synopsis
Upon hearing that she may be the very last of her kind on Earth, a Unicorn (Mia Farrow) goes in search of others like her. Her quest won’t be easy, as it leads her straight to the evil King Haggard (Christopher Lee) and his infamous Red Bull! And the journey is made even more complicated when, to protect her from the envious wrath of Haggard, a spell is cast to turn the Unicorn into the Lady Amalthea, a young, beautiful, human woman. But with this new body comes new thoughts and feelings, such as love for Haggard’s son, Prince Lir (Jeff Bridges). Will the Unicorn get lost inside this new body? Will she meet the fate of the other Unicorns? Or will she be able to defeat Haggard and his Red Bull with the aid of her friends, Schmendrick the bumbling magician (Alan Arkin) and Molly Grue (Tammy Grimes)?
Overall thoughts- At first when I saw this DVD I was not sure it would be our type of movie. I decided it would be a great family night movie and see how it goes. I was quite impressed where we ended up watching the whole movie and it was a decent story and had a great theme. It was nice going on the adventure to see if there are anymore of her kind. There will be trouble on the way and the kids were really into the movie and to see what happens on her adventure. My daughter got a little scared of the red bull, but she got over it pretty quickly. I would highly recommend this movie for your children. 
Make sure you keep an eye out for this DVD on June 9th. If you order the Last Unicorn Blu-ray and DVD  through ShoutFactory.com you will receive a free poster while supplies last. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Holiday Gift Guide

When it comes to my daughter it can be tough to find the right gift for her for the upcoming holidays. Recently I was connected with a compa...