Sunday, December 1, 2013

Little Mermaid Ariels Beginning and THe Little Mermaid II Review

The Little Mermaid II and Ariel's Beginning Blu-ray DVD Collection Review I am a huge Little Mermaid fan and was excited that their was a new DVD that recently came out. The new 3 Disc Special Edition 2 movie collection The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning and the The Little Mermaid II.

When I watched the Ariel's Beginning wit my children we enjoyed this movie. Ariel's Beginning is a glimpse of what happened before the original Little Mermaid. We get to experience for the first time what Ariel's childhood was like in Atlantica. At the beginning of the movie King Triton is enjoying a family day with his wife and his daughters. When their was a bad accident that took his wife away. After the accident King Triton was angry and banned music from his kingdom.

Throughout the movie his daughter find it hard to connect with their father due to the past. Ariel is trying to help her father put the past in the past and fall in love with the music again. My son enjoyed this movie better than the original movie due to it was not as scary he said. It was a great movie and I would recommend watching it. 

The next movie we watched was The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea. I was very excited to see this movie. Recently I saw a preview for this movie and I was excited to watch it with my kids. Return to the Sea is about Ariel and Eric celebrating the birth of their daughter Melody. They are headed to Atlantica to share the celebration with Ariel's father King Triton. Shortly after the celebration is interrupted by Ursula's sister Morgana. Morgana goal is to destroy the young princess. Ariel is sadden that Melody will never get to know about her mermaid heritage due to Altantica not being safe when Morgana is on the loose. King Triton has Sebastian keep and eye on his granddaughter. When Melody become 12 she is very headstrong just like her mother. Melody sneaks off to swim in the ocean. You can imagine what happens next. Watch the movie and find out!

We really liked this movie. My son really enjoyed it although he did not like Morgana at all. I loved the music. It was a great movie and it kept my attention throughout the whole movie. The only thing that was hard for me at times that Ariel was all grown up and a mom. I could relate to Ariel though since being a mom.

I would highly recommend picking up this DVD for your princess Christmas Stocking. You can find this at your local stores or amazon.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Holiday Gift Guide

When it comes to my daughter it can be tough to find the right gift for her for the upcoming holidays. Recently I was connected with a compa...