Monday, July 27, 2020

Gruner Veltliner

Over the course of this stay home order I wanted to learn about different kinds of wines that are out there. Personally I used to be that box wine kind of gal and that started getting old. When my friend gifted me a few different kind of wine  wasn't a box wine I was hooked.

With my new journey of learning about different kind of wines that are out there on the market. I came across a unique wine that I personally never heard of before. It's Gruner Veltliner and it an Austria wine. I wasn't familiar with Austria wine before now. Austria is cool and dry wine growing region. This country produces wine that is quintessentially European in style. This wine is food friendly with racy acidity, moderate alcohol and fresh fruit flavors.

When you are learning about Austria history about their winemaking it very interesting. Austria goes back during the Celtic tribes with first written record of winemaking starting with the Romans. Although in the 20th century brought Austria a series of winemaking obstacles. Both world wars as well as own self imposed quality breach became the issue. In about the mid 1980 there was a handful of vintners were found to have added diethylene glycol a toxic substance to their sweet wines to imitate the unctuous qualities impacted by botrytis. With that being said you can see why their wine credibility as wine producing was compromised. When that happened no one was harmed during that time. By the 1990's is when they came back on the map.

That is when they came out with Gruner Veltliner and let me tell you it amazing white wine. This wine is known for it acidity and herbal, peppery aromatics. This is one of the best variety of wine that Austria has to offer. You will find in Austria that this wine is 1/3 of Austrian plantings. 

This wine was amazing on the pallet. It is a dry white wine and it tastes amazing. I was quite impressed and the price is reasonable also. I would check them out and try a bottle.



Disclosure: I received one or more products or monetary composition for the exchange for my honest opinion. I only recommend product that I would use personally or believe would be a good fit with my readers. All opinions are 100 percent my own and may differ from yours. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides concerning the use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holiday Gift Guide

When it comes to my daughter it can be tough to find the right gift for her for the upcoming holidays. Recently I was connected with a compa...